Monday, January 21, 2013

Hallway Remodel- After

A couple of weeks ago we finally finished remodeling the upstairs hallway/laundry closet! Laundry is SO much more enjoyable now that we have a practical closet and a washer and dryer that actually works!
Check out the before pictures: http://sharingourshenanigans.blogspot.com/2012/11/upstairs-hallway-remodel-before.html
And here's the after!!!
Chad tore up the old wood floor, leveled it, and refinished salvaged wood from Second Chance.
He had to make the closet wider so we could fit a full size washer and dryer and then added bi-fold doors. They are amazing! I talked him into adding wainscoting in the hallway. So glad that I did... it looks awesome!
Thanks to Pinterest, I saw a laundry room with a butcher block counter. We purchased a front loading washer and dryer and Chad installed the counter top. It gives me a lot of room for folding laundry. He was able to add a cabinet for the laundry detergents and cleaning supplies to be stored in. 
I bought baskets from HomeGoods and glued mini chalkboard labels to them. 
View looking into the bathroom and looking out of the bathroom.
We bought a smaller radiator. I am not a huge fan of pipes exposed, but it's on old house so we have no choice. I painted them white to try to camouflage them as much as possible. Chad also made the shelf... another Pinterest find. 

1 comment:

  1. This looks great! I think the counter over the machines is genius!

    ReplyDelete