Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Monday night, Weston, Helen, and I made some scrumptious Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
My hubby works pretty late and usually does not get home until around 7:30 in the evening. By 5:00 I am done. DONE! I am usually drained and ready to collapse on the couch, but with a toddler and infant there is no way that can happen. So I try to make our afternoons eventful. That way it goes by faster and before we know it Daddy is home!
Monday morning I went grocery shopping for the first time with two kids! I brainstormed the night before how I would manage it all. There were two grocery carts with the car in the front of it. Thank goodness! Weston "drove" the car and Helen was in her car seat carrier in the cart. I tried to fit her carrier in the seat of the cart, but for some reason it would not fit. Maybe the car carts are made differently?? So all of my groceries had to be piled on the seat of the cart. Good thing I only had to get a few things! The trip was very successful. Helen slept the whole time and Weston stayed in the car in the front of the cart. However, I have decided I will be ordering my groceries online and picking them up (Shoprite from Home) for the weeks I have a larger grocery list. It only costs $10. So worth it!
After dinner on Monday Weston asked me if we could bake cookies. Instead of cookies, we decided to bake banana bread instead. Like I said in previous posts, Helen loves to be held all the time. So she went straight into my Ergo baby carrier and we all worked together to make this yummy bread! It was a lot of fun! It made four mini loaves of bread and we are already down two loaves. I am the ONLY one eating it. Great. So much for losing the baby weight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment