Sunday, February 24, 2013

Mommy School- Fire trucks!

This week was my first week all on my own with two kiddos! I decided it would be the perfect week to start Mommy School again. Weston really enjoys it and it makes our day a lot more fun!
This week's theme was Firetrucks and Firefighters. I knew my little man would love it. Monday was Presidents Day and Chad had off. So we started on Tuesday instead. A few of my friends have asked me to post crafts, lessons, and songs that we do for each theme. I do not spend much time at all in planning for the week and usually just plan the night before for the next day. Thanks to Pinterest, teacher websites, and my old lessons/activities when I was a teacher! In addition to the theme each week, I plan to have Weston work on identifying a specific letter and color too.

Theme: Firetrucks and Firefighters
Color: Red
Letter: F
Pretending to put out the fire!!
Tuesday:
Book- Fire Truck by Peter Sis
Art- Color a firetruck
Activity- Find all the firetrucks around the house. Park them in the "fire house" (under the heater). Have them put out the house fire.
LA- Show letter F. Hide and Seek F.
Coloring a firetruck.
Hide & Seek F
Wednesday:
Book- Curious George and the Firefighters
Song- I'm a Little Firefighter
Art- Firefighter hand print to go with song
LA- F is for FIRE! Tissue paper/ construction paper fire glued to F.
TV- Caillou the Firefighter

Thursday:
Art- RED collage
Song- I am a Fireman
I am a fireman dressed in red.
With my fire hat on my head.
I can drive the fire truck, fight fire too,
And help make things safe for you.

I cut out pictures from a magazine that were all different colors.
Weston picked out the red pictures and pasted them to the red construction paper. 
Friday:
Book- Fireghter Frank by Monica Wellington
Song- The Wheels on the Fire Engine (Instead of bus. We use the siren, ladder, seat belts, and so on and so on. Just use your imagination with everything on the truck!)

We had a blast this week learning about Firetrucks and firemen! 
Next week we are looking forward to exploring big machines and construction!

No comments:

Post a Comment